FUGA's Finance team is looking for a financial controller that wants to contribute to our mission! Do you have a proven track-record in Financial Controlling and Business Partnering, particularly cost controlling, budgeting and forecasting? Do you have an affinity with Financial ERP systems, implementations and improvements? Are you interested in an interactive finance role, operating closely with our Netherlands based team and regional heads? Are you fulltime available? Then we are looking for you!
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Financial Controlling and reporting responsibility for operational expenses
- Supporting the Management Team and Department heads with in-depth cost analysis (both regular and ad-hoc) compared to budget, forecast, and previous periods
- Monthly close activities including cost accruals, salary journals, related balance sheet reconciliations, cost analysis and reporting
- Supporting in preparation of annual cost budget and quarterly forecasts
- Subsidiary reporting, including communication with foreign op-co admin offices, recording of monthly trial balances, and detailed analysis and reporting
- Ownership of Capitalization process for Technology development costs
- Implementation of necessary operational improvements;
- Assist with improvements to Netsuite (ERP) and other software integrations and workflows, including holding a key role in the implementation and roll out of a new tool for Planning and Budgeting to department and regional heads
- Developing business models for new service lines, and inter-department and inter-company cost recharge models
- Create and update departmental documentation and training guides/procedures
- Maintain strong contact and interaction with regional- and department heads
You have a strong financial controlling background, experienced in business partnering. You are detailed, communicative and have experience in ERP systems, and an affinity for continuous operational improvements. Also, from your expertise, you are eager to help us excel in the ever-changing digital music and technology industry.
The ideal candidate would have the following credentials
- Dutch & English
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business, or another relevant field
- 4-5 years experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP- IFRS reporting standards
- Strong reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with financial software is a must, experience with NetSuite is a pre;
- Experience in MS Office and other administrative tools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, strong business partnering skills;
- 25 Holidays
- Holiday allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Daily office lunch
- Unlimited fruit, snacks, bars
- Remote onboarding / Work From Home (WFH) during Covid
- Work at the heart of the music (distribution) industry
- An inclusive, collaborative and friendly environment, that encourages new ideas and challenges
- Develop yourself in an international environment both on a personal and professional level
Founded in 2006, FUGA offers distribution technology and services for the independent music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in London, New York, Nashville Rome, Milan, Seoul, Tokyo, and representatives in Los Angeles, Paris, Germany and Sao Paulo.
We operate in the heart of the music industry. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Youtube and many more. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital distribution cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue. For more information, visit our website.
Job descriptions are sometimes difficult to interpret and we understand you might not tick all of the above boxes. If you are genuinely excited on our domain and what we do, we encourage you to apply!