Financial Controller (Amsterdam)
FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform headquartered in Amsterdam, is currently looking for a Financial Controller to join our Finance team.
Do you have a proven track-record in Financial Controlling and Business Partnering, particularly commercial controlling?
Are you interested in an interactive finance role, operating closely with our client base and commercial department, as well as foreign entities and department heads?
Are you fulltime available?
Then we are looking for you!
What you do:
Your key responsibilities include supporting the FUGA group with Financial Controlling and Reporting; supporting the FUGA Finance and Royalty Accounting teams with the analysis and reporting of the company’s revenues (actuals, budgets and forecasts); and ensuring the data is supported by a well-developed Accounting and CRM system; to add to the company’s high performance and continuous growth. Main components of the day to day activities for this role are:
- Financial Controlling
- Implement necessary operational improvements;
- Assist with improvements to CRM / ERP and other software integrations and workflows
- Take the lead in Netsuite Development Projects for sales related topics
- Create, update and implement departmental documentation, support and training guides/procedures
- Maintain strong contact and interaction with other departments, in particular Royalty Accounting, Sales and business development, client support, and regional and department heads
- Financial reporting responsibility for Aggregation and Neighboring Rights sales, including ownership of monthly financial processes, sales reporting and analysis compared to budget
- Ownership of monthly reconciliation of the Royalty suspense account, with detailed tracking of Royalty inflows and Outflows, and their impact on revenue, cost of sales and cash
- Supporting the Commercial Department with in-depth sales and cost of sales analysis (both regular and ad-hoc)
- Analysis of client advance requests, ownership of monthly advance reconciliation and KPI reporting;
- Monthly Actuals vs Budget review, analysis and reporting
- Support in preparation of annual budget
- VAT Compliance reporting
Who you are:
You have a strong financial controlling background, experienced in business partnering.
You are detailed, communicative and have experience in ERP systems, and an affinity for continuous operational improvements.
The ideal candidate would have the following credentials
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, or other relevant field;
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP- IFRS reporting standards
- Strong reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and business partnering skills;
- Experience with financial software is a must, experience with NetSuite is a pre;
- Experience in MS Office and other administrative tools;
- Pro-active, an eye for detail and high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Tech savvy and a fast learner;
- Willingness to learn and grow and align with ambitions of the company;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English language;
- Affinity with working in an international environment;
- Small, young and enthusiastic team in a growing company with strong ambitions;
- International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech;
- Egalitarian, transparent environment with career growth opportunities;
- Part of a dynamic industry: technology, media and entertainment.
Founded in 2006, FUGA build software and provides services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in London, New York, Rome, Milan and representatives in Tokyo, Los Angeles, Seoul, Paris and Sao Paulo.
We operate at the heart of the music. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer and more. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their release strategy. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.