Legal Assistant/ Junior Legal Counsel
FUGA, a leading international digital music distribution company, is looking for a highly motivated junior legal counsel to join FUGA’s legal team in Amsterdam. You will respond to the Head of Commercial Legal Affairs & Licensing and be involved in assisting with the running of FUGA’s legal department. The ideal candidate should be available to work from our Amsterdam office on a full time basis. Remote working required until the situation with COVID-19 is overcome.
What you do:
- Manage drafting and negotiation of low level standard content licences and other deals under supervision
- Manage the support of our neighbouring rights division under minimal supervision
- Review NDAs and variation/amendment/extension letters under minimal supervision
- Manage the legal database (both digital and physical) including contracts summaries and filing contracts group-wide
- Manage full contract signing cycle group-wide
- Support with specific projects for the launch of new products, services and business divisions
- Assist with creation of new contract templates and maintain/update current contract templates
- Assist with management of take-down notices and litigation matters
- Assist with legal research
- Assist with drafting internal policies
- Assist the Licensing Department with ad hoc legal projects
- Assist with contracts and documents proof-reading
- Prepare presentations for the legal team
Who you are
- You have minimum 1 year working experience in a top level law-firm or in-house department
- You have excellent drafting skills and attention to details
- You are proactive and used to deal with multiple projects at the same time
- You are a great colleague with a high standard of work and exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- You like working in a team and you have strong social skills.
- You have exceptional proactive approach to maximise and constantly improve existing procedures
- You have excellent verbal and written communication in English (Dutch preferable but not mandatory)
- Strong determination to become a music lawyer is a must
- Previous experience working for a record company or in-house department within the music industry highly preferable but not mandatory
Who we are:
- Small, enthusiastic team;
- International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech;
- Egalitarian, transparent environment;
- Part of a dynamic industry: music & technology;
- Location in the heart of Amsterdam.
Please apply with your CV and Covering Letter explaining why you are interested in becoming a music lawyer. Applications without a relevant covering letter will not be considered.
Founded in 2006, FUGA provides services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in New York, London and Milan and representatives in Paris, Los Angeles, Korea and Brazil.
We operate at the heart of the music industry with clients such as Armada Music , Spinnin’s Records, Tommy Boy, Ultra Records, Curb Records, Epitaph, Domino Recording Company and many more. FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with online stores such as Spotify, iTunes, and Apple Music. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music and collect on their revenue. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their strategy.