Songspace, a FUGA music company, is on a mission to streamline creative and business workflows that contribute to more efficient and transparent music industry. We are the leading digital asset and collaborative rights management platform for music creators and rights-holders. Songspace designs, builds, and delivers innovative products and services for music creators, publishers, and labels to manage music catalogue, collaborate with each other, send and share songs and playlists, and organize music rights. Secondly, as a tool that enhances the workflows across a team or group, Songspace empowers all users to have complete control of their catalogue and data, which in our view, is the first step towards a more transparent industry overall.
Since its founding in 2014, Songspace has been enthusiastically supported by the music industry, working with labels, producers, artists, and publishers including Kobalt Music, Downtown Music Publishing, Big Deal, Dualtone, Domino Records, and hundreds more. The combined capabilities of both FUGA and Songspace platforms has broadened the scope of services available for clients. The union positions services to provide the only unified, end to end solution that supports the full life cycle of music for record labels and music publishers
The Songspace Engineering Team is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work with our team in building and maintaining the backend API, associated microservices, and workflows that power our product. This position offers the ideal candidate the opportunity to design, build, and manage mission-critical applications and services in an exciting business domain with substantial self-direction and autonomy.
- Work with non-technical stakeholders, Client Services, and Product team members to create solutions for the needs of our clients.
- Collaborate with other engineers in an agile environment through planning, sprints, standups, and retrospectives.
- Build and maintain APIs & services using PHP and the Symfony framework to support our frontend web application, our mobile applications, and future integrations.
- Work together with the rest of the team to improve the overall code quality and modernize various aspects of the application.
- Write automated tests for new features as you build them and help with adding tests for existing features where there are gaps.
- Assist with monitoring the application’s overall health and performance as well as resolving issues when they arise.
- Experience leading a team of developers.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a PHP developer.
- Experience working with Symfony 3/4/5.
- Experience working with MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience working with version control (GIT) and performing code reviews.
- Experience building RESTful APIs and successfully working with frontend engineers to bridge gaps.
- Experience working in an environment with automated testing libraries (such as PHP Unit, Behat), build pipelines (CircleCI, GitLab), and code quality measuring tools.
- A passion for building high-quality software with strict standards.
- Experience working in agile environments, preferably Scrum.
- Experience working with Docker containers.
- Experience working with distributed teams and an understanding of the workflows required to support them.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth in your field.
- Must speak and write fluently in English.
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with Java (a big plus)
- Experience with shell scripting and basic Linux system management.
- Experience with AWS S3, SQS, EC2, ECS, ECR, RDS, VPC, CDK, and/or Lambda.
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
- Experience interfacing with clients directly.
- Experience working with music data and audio files/codes.