Founded in 2006, FUGA offers distribution technology and services for the independent music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in London, New York, Nashville Rome, Milan, Seoul, Tokyo, and representatives in Los Angeles, Paris, Germany and Sao Paulo.We operate in the heart of the music industry. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Youtube and many more. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital distribution cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.
As a Product Manager for FUGA, you will be responsible for delivering incredible value to our customers, who represent some of the most culturally significant record labels, distributors and management companies in the music industry.
We empower those customers with a full suite of products to run their digital business, including content ingestion, catalogue management, supply chain, analytics and royalty reporting solutions. FUGA is the leading technical partner for the independent music industry, and we’re looking for someone who is genuinely excited to help solve these complex problems with us.
In your role, you will work closely with Software Engineers, Product Designers and our expert FUGA business teams to shape and deliver features, craft a compelling roadmap and articulate a clear vision.
Your first area of focus will be the evolution of our Royalty Accounting product, where we see great potential for enhanced integration with the core FUGA platform experience and opportunities for driving the efficiency of royalty payments to our customers globally.
What will I be doing?
- Capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers (internal and external); define and frame those problems for the team
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Own and maintain the quality of the product area your team is responsible for; aim to deliver world-class software with every sprint
- Scope solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as possible
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in MVP state and after full release
- Motivate a group of committed, smart and passionate people to do the best work of their careers
- You have at least 5 years experience as a Product Manager, and have worked on products and systems that deal with large-scale financial or transactional data. Even better, you have gained this experience in the music industry or a related digital domain (e.g. streaming, entertainment, publishing, subscription businesses)
- You have demonstrable experience of leading a team, shipping impactful software products and managing the full product lifecycle
- You know how to utilise PRDs, process flow visualisations and roadmaps to build shared understanding of phasing and requirements
- You’re diplomatic and humble. You can synthesise opposing viewpoints to find common ground and win-win situations for stakeholders and the team
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically
- You possess advanced analytical and numerical skills. You’re comfortable with Excel calculations, algorithms and detail-oriented analysis of financial data
- Familiarity with the technical architecture of complex web applications, cloud infrastructure and customer-facing APIs is highly desirable
- 25 Holidays
- Holiday allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Daily luxury office lunch
- Unlimited fruit, snacks, bars
- Remote onboarding / Work From Home (WFH) during Covid
- Work at the heart of the music (distribution) industry
- An inclusive, collaborative and friendly environment, that encourages new ideas and challenges
- Develop yourself in an international environment both on a personal and professional level
NOTE: NOTE: For this role we are only considering people that are based in Amsterdam/Randstad area. Due to Corona we will not relocate from abroad/EU. We will be able to provide sponsorship to those already in possession of a HSM Visa in the Netherlands.