Senior Java Developer
FUGA is a music company that operates at the heart of the music industry with impressive clients including Domino Records, Fire Records, Riot Games, Hospital Records, STMPD RCRDS, Armada Music and more.FUGA connects these record labels, artists and distributors with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Google Music and more.
By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their release strategy. FUGA's products and services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.
What you’ll be working on:
Part of our Digital Supply Chain Tribe, our Catalogue & Distribution Management Squad manages and scales the core component of our platform. Our core component is a Java Spring application that is responsible for the ingestion of catalogue data into our system (storage, parsing and validation) and manages scheduling and delivery creation logic.
As part of the CDM squad, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining core components of the FUGA platform.
- Scaling the existing Content Management platform, that handles data of 30M+ albums created by 200k artists.
- Monitoring applications to ensure high availability of the platform
- Driving initiatives to help the platform transition to an event-driven architecture
Core competencies and skills:
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in software development (Java is a heavy plus)
- Strong skills in all levels of automated software testing
- Strong knowledge of relational databases & SQL
- Broad knowledge of other non-relational storage systems
- Good understanding of messaging systems & patterns
- Understanding SOA & API design principles
- Ownership of the software you develop, from development through delivery to production
- Love to write clean, concise, maintainable and well-tested code
- Love learning new technologies and delivering customer-centred solutions
- You have strong communication skills in English and like to collaborate in a dynamic team
- Open to discuss, learn, grow, and help and coach others to do the same
Nice to have:
- Experience with Java / other JVM languages, Spring, Hibernate, Mysql, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- An inclusive, collaborative and friendly environment, that encourages new ideas and challenges
- Stable company with an excellent reputation and growth track record
- You will be working in an international environment with the chance of development – both personal and professional
- Solving problems for an exciting and creative industry
- Competitive salary
- Friday afternoon beers (when COVID-19 restrictions don't apply)