Technical Product Manager (Platform)
Founded in 2006, FUGA offers distribution technology and services for the independent music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in London, New York, Nashville Rome, Milan, Seoul, Tokyo, and representatives in Los Angeles, Paris, Germany and Sao Paulo.We operate in the heart of the music industry. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Youtube and many more. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital distribution cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.
As a Technical Product Manager for FUGA, you will help shape and deliver our technology vision, managing a roadmap for the platform that powers our suite of industry leading music products. FUGA works with some of the most culturally significant record labels, distributors and management companies in the business: Domino Records, Fire Records, Riot Games, Hospital Records, STMPD RCRDS, Armada Music and many more. We empower our customers with a family of products to run their end-to-end digital business, including content ingestion, catalogue management, supply chain, analytics, neighbouring rights and royalty reporting solutions.
This is a high impact role that will best suit a seasoned technologist who is very comfortable working with multiple engineering and product teams, senior technology stakeholders and customers to solve complex problems.
What will I be doing?
- Balance the priorities of multiple product lines and engineering teams, building foundational services and APIs that deliver maximum value for our internal teams and customers
- Help shape and deliver a long term technology vision and roadmap for our core platform and underlying system architecture
- Identify and mitigate cross-team dependencies, especially in situations where conflicting priorities exist
- Constantly evaluate if your initiatives have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative methods
- Carefully manage timelines and user expectations, with regular reporting to Product & Technology leadership on project status and any blockers
- Motivate a group of committed, smart and passionate people to do the best work of their careers
- You have at least 5 years experience as a (Technical) Product Manager, Product Owner or Platform Architect. Perhaps you have been a Product Manager for an API or B2B tech product, and want to make your next step as a TPM.
- You have demonstrable experience of working across multiple engineering teams to ship impactful software products. You understand effective remote collaboration and possess strong delivery skills
- You’re intimately familiar with the technical architecture of complex web applications and have worked on APIs that are consumed by internal teams and customers
- You’ve probably written code, but more importantly you deeply understand its impact on the product and customers. You have gained some of this experience in the music industry or a related digital domain (e.g. streaming, entertainment, publishing, subscription businesses)
- You know how to utilise PRDs, process flow visualisations and roadmaps to build shared understanding of phasing and requirements
- You’re diplomatic and humble. You can synthesise opposing viewpoints to find common ground and win-win situations for stakeholders and the team
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- 25 Holidays
- Holiday allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Daily luxury office lunch
- Unlimited fruit, snacks, bars
- Remote onboarding / Work From Home (WFH) during Covid
- Work at the heart of the music (distribution) industry
- An inclusive, collaborative and friendly environment, that encourages new ideas and challenges
- Develop yourself in an international environment both on a personal and professional level
NOTE: Although our ideal candidate would be based in Amsterdam, we’re happy to discuss other locations for the right person. You must, however, be eligible to work in the EU or UK.