Trade Marketing & Promotions Manager (Asia - Pacific)
FUGA, a leading digital music distribution platform headquartered in Amsterdam, is currently looking for a Trade Marketing & Promotions Manager to support its growing client base and relations in Asia-Pacific (with a focus on Korea). You will work from Seoul and will be part of an international marketing team.
FUGA’s Marketing & Promotions Team provides a vast set of services for clients to optimise visibility on online streaming & download platforms, as well as its ever-expanding marketing strategy. You will jointly report to the Head of Marketing & Promotions and the Manager Business Development Asia-Pacific.
As the Trade Marketing & Promotions Manager you will be a point of contact for both content owners (record labels, distributors, etc.) and music platforms (Melon, Bugs!, VIBE/Naver Music, Apple Music, YouTube, etc.) who have offices or local representation across Asia-Pacific (with a focus on Korea). You will also work closely with your Marketing colleagues in other FUGA offices to collaborate on multi-territory campaigns, as the go-to person for trade marketing opportunities in your region. Your key tasks are to:
- Localise and execute weekly promo campaigns in your region.
- Work with FUGA’s worldwide teams to create and execute global campaigns for label and artist projects.
- Maintain and build contact with label relations & editorial teams at music platforms in your region.
- Provide insight on trade marketing opportunities, advising both local and international clients on campaign strategy/execution.
- Work with clients to identify and implement DSP-specific best practices (e.g. product setups, playlisting strategies) across all key release campaigns.
- Help the Seoul team to create strategies for growth of FUGA’s market share in Korea and the wider Asia-Pacific region
- Occasionally join meetings with prospects to introduce Trade Marketing.
Who you are
You are a self-starting person who is eager to build a career in the music industry. Because of this, you are up-to-date with everything that goes on in this exciting industry. Some requirements/characteristics we’d like to see:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working within a label, music distribution, digital marketing or management company. Experience with digital retail distribution, and collaborating with labels, managers or artists on streaming strategy a plus.
- Passionate about music discovery and a fan of multiple genres, with the ability to represent FUGA’s diverse music catalogue.
- Bachelor degree related to (music-)marketing and/or communications.
- Strong relationship builder with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving capabilities, with the ability to work towards a goal collaboratively.
- Broad knowledge of the digital landscape and consumer trends in digital music services and social media applications.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building capability – always with a professional demeanour.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Languages: English & Korean) that display organization and attention to details. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive.
- Experienced in sourcing, analysing and presenting industry insights and analytics a plus.
- International music business experience is a plus.
Who we are
- Growing company with strong ambitions.
- This role is part of a growing and resourceful International Trade Marketing & Promotions Team, highly engaged, split between our head office in Amsterdam and satellite offices in New York, London, Paris and Milan.
- International business environment, colleagues and clients around the world with diverse backgrounds in music and tech.
Founded in 2006, FUGA build software and provides services for the digital music industry. We have an extensive and growing international network of clients and partners in more than 50 countries. Our HQ is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with offices in London, New York, Rome, Milan and representatives in Tokyo, Los Angeles, Seoul, Paris and Sao Paulo.
We operate at the heart of the music. FUGA connects distributors and record labels with digital service providers like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer and more. By doing so FUGA enables its clients to optimize their business processes and successfully execute their release strategy. FUGA's products & services provide a complete ecosystem for the digital product cycle. Clients manage, distribute and promote their music – and collect on their revenue.